Education is a conscious and planned effort to create a learning atmosphere and learning process so that students actively develop their potential to have religious spiritual strength, self-control, personality, intelligence, noble character, and skills needed by themselves, society, nation and country.
Education according to Islamic teachings is given to humans since he was born until near death. Education is a tool or means for humans to develop science and knowledge, therefore education is expected to have standards and the basics of an orderly, curriculum, theories and concepts of education that are expected.
Islam, has come up with a theory with a concept that is conditional, organized, and published. The good theories and concepts of Islam include the Qur’an, Al-Hadith or As-Sunnah, and Ra’yu. Al-Quran and Al-Hadith are foundations and pillars that are very strong in education, and ra’yu as a complement and beautify the world of Islamic education. So, to get a good education we must have an education that has a foundation such as Al-Quran, Hadith, and ra’yu.
Through higher education as a center of excellence, it is expected to be able to explore and develop as well as disseminate knowledge to students. This is a scientific and academic responsibility. This effort must be oriented towards the interests of students and the community using education services (stakeholders).
The teacher is a key position in equipping students with a number of competencies. According to Stiggin (1994), teacher professionalism which is characterized by the effectiveness of the performance of a teacher who excels in teaching, will deliver students in an effort to provide basic competencies that must be possessed at each level.
On the other hand it turns out that there are still teachers who do not have a number of competencies and professionalism, so the hope to realize pious children as educational outputs feels far from expectations not to mention if this hope is faced with the incessant destructive currents faced by students. Even teachers are still less competitive when faced with other professions.
We cannot avoid our influence and dependence on the global world, therefore what needs to be done is the ability to compete in various fields including education, even strengthening local culture by building teachers rooted in society, so that global culture can be prevented. The figure of a teacher is really very needed that has a set of skills, abilities and professionalists.
On the basis of the above considerations, the Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Teacher Education (PGMI) is considered very important in order to educate the nation’s life and realize professional and quality educators, especially at the level of Madrasah Ibtidaiyah (MI). Therefore the Indonesian government since 2003 has given great attention to basic education institutions in Indonesia. Ibtidayah Madrasah is one of the basic education institutions in the Ministry of Religion which receives great attention in its management. Madrasa Ibtidaiyah Teacher Education Study Program (PGMI) of Manyar Gresik Daruttaqwa Islamic College (STAIDA) in East Java has bright prospects, in the sense that it is an institution that prints future generations who not only have orative preaching supplies but pen da’wah, also da’wah amali. Thus the existence of Daruttaqwa Gresik Islamic College has an urgent role in the efforts to provide and provide reliable human resources in the field of Islamic education in the future.
The implementation of the Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Teacher Education Study Program (PGMI) of the Manyar Gresik Daruttaqwa Islamic College (STAIDA) in East Java is based on the considerations contained in the Government Laws and Regulations as follows:
- The opening of the 1945 Constitution, the fourth paragraph states that the National objective is “Protecting the entire Indonesian nation and all of Indonesia’s bloodshed and to promote public welfare, educate the nation’s life and participate in carrying out world order based on freedom, eternal peace and social justice”
- Law 20 of 2003 that; The national education system must be able to guarantee equitable education opportunities, improve quality and the relevance and efficiency of education management to face challenges in accordance with the demands of changes in local, national and global life so that education needs to be planned in a planned, directed and sustainable manner; in several articles stated as follows:
Clause 3 : National Education functions to develop capabilities and improve the quality of life and dignity of Indonesian people in order to realize the National goals
Clause 4: National education aims to educate the life of the nation and develop Indonesian people as a whole, namely human beings who believe and devote to God Almighty and have noble character, have knowledge and skills, physical and spiritual health, a strong personality and bathing and a sense of social and national responsibility.
Clause 5: Every citizen has the same right to education.
Clause 6: Every citizen has the right to the widest opportunity to attend education in order to obtain the knowledge, abilities and skills of primary education graduates.
Clause 47 paragraph (1); The community as a government partner gives the widest opportunity to participate in the implementation of national education.
- Law 12 of 2012, concerning Higher Education which includes, among other things, functions and objectives ;
Higher education functions:
Developing abilities and forming dignified national character and civilization in order to educate the nation’s life;
Developing Academic Community members who are innovative, responsive, creative, skilled, competitive and cooperative through the implementation of Tridharma; and
Develop Science and Technology by paying attention and applying the value of Humanities.
Higher education aims:
The growing potential of students to become human beings who believe and fear God Almighty and are noble, healthy, knowledgeable, capable, creative, independent, skilled, competent, and cultured for the benefit of the nation;
Produce graduates who master the branch of Science and / or Technology to fulfill national interests and increase national competitiveness;
The creation of Science and Technology through Research that pays attention to and applies the value of Humanities to be beneficial for the progress of the nation, as well as the progress of civilization and the welfare of mankind; and
The realization of Community Service based on reasoning and research works that are useful in advancing public welfare and educating the life of the nation
The realization of professional educators, based on Islamic values.
- Develop and advance the science of Education through the implementation of learning and the use of methodologies and strategies ;
- Print devoted Muslim scholars and morality by making it a campus as a means and vehicle for religious knowledge;
- Print professional graduates and broad religious insight through scientific studies that support the development of scientific methods and strategies with local wisdom in children of basic age;
- Carry out studies, development, and community service by carrying out various development methods of scientific approaches to basic age children’s education that are relevant to the conditions and situation of the community
In order to produce Bachelor graduates who have academic qualifications and competencies, the following objectives are formulated:
- Carry out learning to advance knowledge in the field of Raudlatul Athfal Education,
- Print devout Muslim scholars, have moral character and can answer the challenges of the times.
- Print professional and broad religious knowledge, and have skills according to the development of science and methodology in early childhood.
- Applying their roles and functions in the community development process and increasing social sensitivity and being able to answer challenges along with the pace of industrialization and modernization.
- Having educational values and insights for children who are dynamic and who have characters that are in accordance with local wisdom (pesantren) and national personality.
Therefore the Early Childhood Islamic Education Study Program (PIAUD) of Manyar Gresik Daruttaqwa Islamic College (STAIDA) in East Java should make efforts to reform and consolidate in a planned and programmatic manner and sustainably, by being more proactive in capturing great opportunities and minimizing threats that there is.
The feasibility study for the opening of the new Study Program at the Manyar Gresik Daruttaqwa Islamic College (STAIDA) in East Java presents in detail about the readiness of the Early Childhood Islamic Education Study Program (PIAUD) Daruttaqwa Islamic College (STAIDA) Gresik opened the the study program that will be developed is accompanied by an analysis of prospects and sustainability.
This concentration is expected to give birth to professional educators who have the ability in the field of learning that is Constructive, Humanistic, and sustainable.
- Carry out learning to advance science in the field of Early Childhood Islamic Education.
- Print devout Muslim scholars, have moral character and can answer the challenges of the times.
- Print professional graduates and broad religious insight, and have skills according to the development of science and methodology in Early Childhood Islamic Education.
- Have dynamic values and insights into Early Childhood Islamic Education and have characters that are in accordance with the local wisdom and personality of the nation.
Chair of the Syari'ah Economic Study Program
Chair of the Islamic Economics Study Program Daruttaqwa Gresik Islamic College
Head of the MI Teacher Education Study Program
Head of the MI Teacher Education Study Program Daruttaqwa Gresik Islamic High School